We think nothing of yearly visits to the doctor for physical well-being. No one thinks twice when someone says they’ve sought help for a physical condition–except perhaps care or concern. But it’s much different for someone suffering from a mental or emotional illness or discomfort. Comments are readily given–a co-host on a talk show might [...]
May horrors remain secret— trials be only for growth. May hot coals only warm you, you will be held in love’s oath. Cry sweet baby—it’s okay. Small scrapes are all you should know. Call to me when all is dark— I’d hide the night—let stars glow. May beauty shine on your path— rose [...]
(Preface from the book: Child Alone) Why did I write this book? I’ve asked this of myself many times. It is an essential question for any memoirist—mainly to be sure the work is not racked with emotion that causes destruction. That would be the result if a memoir were written from an unhealed perspective. I can’t [...]
My fortune cookie said, “You will soon gain something you have always desired.” I thought, “What is that?” Oh, it’s fun to look at real estate listings and dream of a someday in different aspects—but something I had always desired? There have been many chapters in my life: places, persons, goals, efforts, dreams, jobs—activities and directions [...]
Writing has been the one main tool that I’ve used toward my own healing. Most of it has been a kind of journal writing—usually odds and ends of notes to myself or to one other trusted person. Sometimes it takes the form of a poem, sometimes a ranting, sometimes even swearing. It’s like releasing the [...]
- Our Resonant Tone Together September 21, 2011
- A Gift of a Smile to a Child Alone March 29, 2012
- Compost September 26, 2011
- Domestic Abuse December 20, 2011
- Life After Trauma August 17, 2012
- For Health February 16, 2013
- Wishes December 16, 2012
- I Am Speechless December 15, 2012
- Little Penny (her name is changed) November 17, 2012
- Here November 16, 2012
- Sherry: Thank you, Marlys. I really appreciate your commen...
- Marlys: Congratulations Sherry on the launch of your book....
- Sherry: Tracy, I have so enjoyed your website. It is uplif...
- Tracie: I love the picture you have painted here. YES! If ...
- Sherry: Thank you, Tracie—for your work, your voice agai...