We think nothing of yearly visits to the doctor for physical well-being. No one thinks twice when someone says they’ve sought help for a physical condition–except perhaps care or concern. But it’s much different for someone suffering from a mental or emotional illness or discomfort. Comments are readily given–a co-host on a talk show might [...]
May horrors remain secret— trials be only for growth. May hot coals only warm you, you will be held in love’s oath. Cry sweet baby—it’s okay. Small scrapes are all you should know. Call to me when all is dark— I’d hide the night—let stars glow. May beauty shine on your path— rose [...]
When you get a glimpse of real life, it makes you speechless. By real, I mean the horror that can be out there—the things we don’t want to see. But this thing in Connecticut is pounding in what is worst possible of such reality. The things that happen to innocents should never be—how could they [...]
(Preface from the book: Child Alone) Why did I write this book? I’ve asked this of myself many times. It is an essential question for any memoirist—mainly to be sure the work is not racked with emotion that causes destruction. That would be the result if a memoir were written from an unhealed perspective. I can’t [...]
My ancestors were there at that first Thanksgiving—about 13 generations back. That seems like a long time. It’s around 380 years. The Revolution around 237 years ago, the civil war 147 years ago. They are all such big numbers. But I remember clearly talking to a man when I was 4 (50 years ago). The [...]
- Our Resonant Tone Together September 21, 2011
- A Gift of a Smile to a Child Alone March 29, 2012
- Compost September 26, 2011
- Domestic Abuse December 20, 2011
- Life After Trauma August 17, 2012
- For Health February 16, 2013
- Wishes December 16, 2012
- I Am Speechless December 15, 2012
- Little Penny (her name is changed) November 17, 2012
- Here November 16, 2012
- Sherry: Thank you, Marlys. I really appreciate your commen...
- Marlys: Congratulations Sherry on the launch of your book....
- Sherry: Tracy, I have so enjoyed your website. It is uplif...
- Tracie: I love the picture you have painted here. YES! If ...
- Sherry: Thank you, Tracie—for your work, your voice agai...